Highly Qualified To Provide Home Inspections
Professional Training: Every Pillar To Post home inspector is trained in the classroom and in the field. You can have confidence in the fact that all Pillar To Post inspectors are required to continually upgrade their skills and to keep current with new technologies and professional standards.
Certifications & Training
– Eric Boll is an affiliate member of the Northern Virginia Association of Realtors
– Beth Riddick is also an affiliate member of the Northern Virginia Association of Realtors. This allows her
to have a Sentrilock card, so she can access homes to place and pick up radon tests.
– Eric Boll is an ASHI Certified Inspector
– Eric Boll is a Certified Residential Thermographer
– Eric Boll provides the Role of a Home Inspector presentation as part of the VHDA first time home buyer
– Eric Boll serves on the Town of Herndon Heritage Preservation Review Board and Architectural Review Board.
Eric Boll is your local, Virginia-based professional Pillar To Post home inspector, proudly serving Arlington County, Alexandria City, Falls Church City , Fauquier County, Fairfax County, and Loudoun County. With more than 2500 inspections successfully completed, you can trust the Boll team with your home inspection.
Prior to becoming a professional home inspector and owning his own business, Eric attended McGill University in Montreal Canada, where he earned a Bachelor of Engineering Degree (Electrical). He spent almost two decades in the semiconductor industry as an applications engineer, supporting customers, training salespeople, field applications engineers and, customers. Additionally, Eric visited customers in numerous European and Asian countries providing on-site technical support, presenting new product overviews, and working closely with strategic customers to define new products.
Since moving to the US, Eric has mostly purchased homes that were foreclosure or headed that way and has done a lot of home repair and upgrade work over the years. Eric and his wife, Beth Riddick, redid their kitchen in 2010-2011. They gutted three rooms down to the sheathing and created a large combined kitchen and dining area. The company that supplied the cabinets and countertops liked the kitchen so much that they highlighted it on their website for many years.
Becoming a professional home inspector has had many benefits for Eric and his family. He very much enjoys meeting people from different backgrounds and cultures. In his previous career, Eric had the opportunity to travel to many countries. He and his wife, Beth, like good food from a wide variety of cultures. This helps make a personal connection with many clients. It is fun to learn about how similar people are in many ways, even when from different cultures.
Eric’s first priority is to be there for the client—to educate them in friendly and professional manner, putting things in the proper context without being an alarmist. To him, a home inspection is an education event for the home buyer.
In Eric’s free time, he enjoys spending time with his family, reading, electronics, trying food from all over the world, and home construction projects. He brewed beer as a hobby for 20 years, his favorites being IPAs and stouts.
– Electrical Engineering Degree from McGill University in Montreal Canada.
– Approximately 20 years Eric worked in the semiconductor industry as an applications engineer, strategic marketer, systems engineer and, program manager. Technologies that he supported include telecom ISDN, system on a chip microcontrollers, ultra-wideband wireless and, lithium ion battery management. This work took him to numerous countries.
– Member of an internal R&D team for a major defense contractor.
– The first company Eric worked for after engineering school in Montreal made betting systems and infield display boards for the horse racing industry.
– 2-1/2 year expat assignment in Toulouse France from late-1997 through mid-2000. Eric’s son was born there. His daughter started public school in France when she was three. Both kids speak very good French. Eric also speaks French.
Tony Huggins is an ASHI inspector currently employed by the Pillar to Post Eric Boll Team based out of Herndon, VA.
Prior to becoming a professional home inspector Tony worked in the construction industry. Tony started in the construction industry when he was 15 years old and worked his way up through the ranks finally achieving senior positions such as, Engineering Tech VI, Senior Superintendent, Project Manager US Army Europe-Middle East & Africa and various other positions.
Tony became a home inspector to help clients make informed buying decisions based on an honest and thorough home inspection.
Certifications & Training
– Tony Huggins is an ASHI Inspector
– Certified “Phase I Environmental Site Inspector”
– Building safety professional: OSHA 10+30 Hour Certification
– Construction Quality Management – Corps of Engineers
– Defense Acquisition University (Contracting Officers Representative) Master Certification
– Tony Huggins is a certified Master Carpenter
– Senior Superintendent for Landsdowne Conbstruction, LLC:
Provide daily direction and oversight of site construction process during the entire construction project, which included contract drawings, RFIs, Change Orders and Inspections & Test reports.
– Engineering Tech, Project Manager and Contracting Officer Representative for DOD Directorate of Family & Morale, Welfare and Recreation (MWR), Ft Belvoir, VA
Managed 16 projects at the time of “Base Realignment and Closure”.
Coordinated technical specifications & regulations and drafted “Scopes of Work” (SOW) for various military organizations at Ft Belvoir and other installations
– Construction Manager, Assistant Project Manager (Various Construction Companies)
Wrote detailed scopes of work, performed cost estimating, and assisted with contract buy-out/sub-contractor submittals to ensure compliance with divisional specifications. Developed “Area Designation Plan’s” for sequencing concrete, pre-cast, and steel work.
– Military Sales Manager, Europe, Middle East, Africa (AMF)
Restored and established new military customer relations. Developed and implemented marketing strategies to increase sales profits. Coordinated technical specifications for new center projects and modernizations. Assisted with various on-site installations in Germany, Italy, and Holland.
– Installation Management Agency, Army Europe Heidelberg, Germany
Construction Project Manager/Contracting Officer Representative
Developed scopes of work and managed 17 bowling center reconstruction/renovation projects budgeted at $3.5 million. Inspected, scheduled, and monitored all construction projects from inception to completion.
Beth Riddick is also an affiliate member of the Northern Virginia Association of Realtors. This allows her to have a Sentrilock card, so she can access homes to place and pick up radon tests.